Gender, Work & Organization 2023 Conference GRANTS
The GWO2023 organising team are working at finding ways to support delegates, including travel grants.
Africa travel grants
There are four Africa travel grants. Grant amounts vary according to applicant needs to a maximum of R20 000 per candidate. A key objective of the Africa travel grant is to reach out to under-represented African GWO members and in support of the GWO2023 conference theme: Marginalized gender identities: How can intellectual activism transform work and organization? Therefore, preference will be given to applicants from lower income African countries. The awards are aimed at early-to-mid career scholars and doctoral students.
Travel grants of up to R20,000 will go towards costs such as:
- Flights, bus fare, rail, or combinations of these modes of travel
- Airport or other transport terminal transfers
- Visa expenses
- Conference fees
Travel grants will only be considered for researchers who:
(1) have an accepted abstract (only one author is eligible for a grant per abstract), or has another contribution that they will be making at the conference;
(2) have insufficient support from their institution or other funding source to attend the conference; and
(3) are doctoral students or early-to-mid career scholars (within the first 10 years of their academic/research career).
To be eligible, you will be asked to provide:
- a 250-word motivation statement outlining what benefits will attending the conference bring to your career, and what will you bring to the wider GWO community.
- A breakdown of anticipated costs (air/rail/bus travel; visa costs; accommodation during the conference; estimated subsistence needs); please also state whether you have any other sources of funding support (list amount and source).
(1) The decision to award, or not award, grants rests with the GWO2023 organising committee and will be final.
(2) The decision of the GWO2023 organising committee will be communicated to the recipient(s) and also posted on social media. Names of recipients may also be mentioned in other conference-related communication.
Applications are closed.