The main conference hub for the Gender Worker Organisation (GWO) 2023 Conference will be the Van der Sterr Building at Stellenbosch University. Workshops, collaborative events and parallel sessions will be hosted at various venues on the Stellenbosch University Campus.
The building is at the heart of Stellenbosch University’s Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences and houses the School of Accountancy and both the Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science and the Department of Logistics.
Van der Sterr boasts an outdoor courtyard and accommodates two new auditoriums – one with 300 seats and one with 250 seats and an 80-seat lecture hall. It also has a number of smaller classrooms. The improved Van der Sterr with its modernised venues and spacious foyers is a great space to host conferences and other events.
The Van der Sterr is:
- on the corner of Victoria and Bosman Streets on the main campus of Stellenbosch University in Stellenbosch,
- 3 min walk from other venues and conference
- 6 min walk from central accommodation options, and
- 10 min walk from Stellenbosch CBD,
- 40 minutes from Cape Town International Airport and 50 minutes from the City of Cape Town.
VAN DER STERR BUILDING
Bosman Street, Stellenbosch Central